Monday, November 22, 2010

Additional Assignment 5

THINKING
Is your noggin turned on? Yes, I think mines is, well at least I thought it was. That leaves me to think, maybe it is just not turned to the same station as others. How do we get it their? That is a good question.

Metaphors, Metaphor is the concept of understanding one thing in terms of another. A metaphor is a figure of speech that constructs an analogy between two things or ideas; the analogy is conveyed by the use of a metaphorical word in place of some other word.
from Metaphor


Just Teach Them to Solve for X, Sketchy Portraits: 8th Grade Identity and Pencils; He Just Likes the Class for the Pencils; The Medium Shapes the Learning
His main idea is the students and how to educate them and their changes that are not so clear, by using metaphors. Metaphors for me are really confusing sometimes. Well I would say depending on the person, if you are someone that I have been around and know about then I can analyze the metaphors that you speak. I think that we should allow our students to be comfortable in our classroom. Allow them to have some responsibility and freedom. Sometimes all the students need is a set of ears that will listen to them, so they will now that someone cares. To me metaphors are just another language that has to be explored. I also believe there are many cultures of metaphors.
I did not think the student was being rude, I took it as the student challenging the teacher. I believe if you are educating your students to think out side of the box instead of within, then you should not be offended when they speak their minds. Everyone can say the same thing but in different ways, with the same meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment