Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Addtional Assignment #2

"How kids teach themselves " click for video

1. What do you think? If learners are motivated, can they teach themselves?

Yes, I do believe that if learners are motivated they could teach themselves. If you think about it in general something’s that we do, whether we are motivated by it or not, we still teach ourselves something.

2. If those motivated learners are kids, can they teach themselves?

I think it would depend on the environment of the children, if those motivated learners are kids. I also think it would depend on what those children are trying to teach themselves.

3. What conditions are necessary for kids to teach themselves? For anyone to teach him or herself?

I think the right conditions would be a healthy environment, organized and well structured instructions. If the students have the correct tools and right resources and good information then yes they could teach themselves.

4. What role do computers and internet access play in the process?

I think computers and internet play an important role in the process. Computers make things easier, if u miss spell a word, for the most part it can correct you, and it is also an easy way of writing for those who have handwriting that may not all the time be legible. I also think that computers and internet can also hinder them from learning.

5. What role does motivation, a desire to learn?

I think if you had someone encouraging you and learning with you, throughout the learning process that will make more students willing to learn.

6. What roles do a problem, a question or multiple problems or questions play in the process?

Again I think this depends on the conditions that the person lives. If you live in a home or a community were individuals give up at the first sign of trouble, or rejection. I think that child well give up, just because others have no belief.

7. How do you motivate someone to learn?

You motivate someone by, finding things that interest them to the subject. You have to find a different way to get them to complete the assignment, but the concept of the lesson is still the same.

8. How are you motivated to learn?

I am motivated to learn by catching my attention in the beginning, and keeping my attention so that I do not start to day dream. Also if it something that I can relate to it also motivates me to learn.

9. Can anyone who is not motivated to learn?

I think they could learn if someone could motivate them to attempt to learn. You probably would have to start in small steps. As far as learning on their own, No, I do not think they will learn to learn themselves.

10. Do you teach yourself? When? Why?

Yes, I think we all teach ourselves something everyday. We all make mistakes and we teach ourselves from those mistakes, what we should and should not do, the next time we are in a similar situation.

11. What role does a teacher (either answer generally or use a specific example) play in your learning?

The roles teacher play in my learning are: guidance, examples, options, directions, and ideas. For examples things that I could do with my students to help them understand and also to handle some discipline situations.

12. What is the most important idea, question or emotional response you take away with you as a result of watching this video?

What I got from this video was that under certain standards the internet can be an optional place for you to learn. Another thing is that children who find things fascinating they will find a way to make it operate. I also took from these videos that if I have a problem or need some information, just do a Google search to get an answer.

13. What other questions or issues are raised by this video that should be considered and discussed by aspiring teachers?

The question that I have is, If we do let children learn on their own, then when they have question and get mixed answers. Who will correct them with the right answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment